Japan revised May industrial output up 1.9 pct m/m
TOKYO, July 12
TOKYO, July 12 (Reuters) - Japan's industrial output rose 1.9 percent in May from the previous month, revised data showed on Friday, suggesting a steady increase in factory activity due to strength in domestic demand.
The figure compared with an initial reading of a 2.0 percent increase and followed a 0.9 percent increase in April.
The capacity utilisation index rose 2.3 percent in May from a month earlier to 98.1.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |