Japan revised May industrial output up 1.9 pct m/m
TOKYO, July 12
TOKYO, July 12 (Reuters) - Japan's industrial output rose 1.9 percent in May from the previous month, revised data showed on Friday, suggesting a steady increase in factory activity due to strength in domestic demand.
The figure compared with an initial reading of a 2.0 percent increase and followed a 0.9 percent increase in April.
The capacity utilisation index rose 2.3 percent in May from a month earlier to 98.1.
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Sierra Leone Ebola patient, recovered from family, dies in ambulance
- Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's vice PM, kills at least three