US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St edges up, posts strong weekly gains
NEW YORK, July 12
NEW YORK, July 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged higher on Friday on strong earnings from major banks, but gains were capped by losses at Boeing, which fell after one of its Dreamliner planes caught fire in London.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 1.38 points, or 0.01 percent, at 15,462.30. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 5.03 points, or 0.30 percent, at 1,680.05. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 21.78 points, or 0.61 percent, at 3,600.08.
For the week, the Dow rose 2.1 percent, the S&P rose 2.9 percent and the Nasdaq added 3.5 percent.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details