US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St flat, at record high, as UPS offsets banks
NEW YORK, July 12
NEW YORK, July 12 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Friday after closing at a record high a day earlier, as rosy results from JPMorgan and Wells Fargo were offset by a profit warning from UPS.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 13.67 points, or 0.09 percent, to 15,474.59, the S&P 500 lost 0.01 points, or 0 percent, to 1,675.01 and the Nasdaq Composite added 2.19 points or 0.06 percent, to 3,580.49.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |