Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma to take 60 pct stake in Canada's Medicago
TOKYO, July 12
TOKYO, July 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corp said on Friday that it will take a 60 percent stake in Canada's Medicago Inc in a joint purchase with a Philip Morris International Inc subsidiary.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma said it expects to pay C$1.16 per Medicago share, or up to C$179 million ($172 million), in the deal.
Philip Morris Investments will take the remaining 40 percent stake in Medicago, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma said in a statement.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- Defense at bin Laden son-in-law trial cites alleged 9/11 mastermind