Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma to take 60 pct stake in Canada's Medicago
TOKYO, July 12
TOKYO, July 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corp said on Friday that it will take a 60 percent stake in Canada's Medicago Inc in a joint purchase with a Philip Morris International Inc subsidiary.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma said it expects to pay C$1.16 per Medicago share, or up to C$179 million ($172 million), in the deal.
Philip Morris Investments will take the remaining 40 percent stake in Medicago, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma said in a statement.
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |