Portugal PM says ready to overcome divergences with partner
LISBON, July 12
LISBON, July 12 (Reuters) - Portugal's prime minister said on Friday he is ready to overcome divergences with his coalition partner and to finish a bailout programme in June 2014 as planned.
Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho said his government had to ensure that it does not again create a crisis like the one that has rocked it in the past two weeks.
"What happened should not have happened and we have to show that it will not happen again," he told parliament.
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Islamic state issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |