Portugal PM says ready to overcome divergences with partner
LISBON, July 12
LISBON, July 12 (Reuters) - Portugal's prime minister said on Friday he is ready to overcome divergences with his coalition partner and to finish a bailout programme in June 2014 as planned.
Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho said his government had to ensure that it does not again create a crisis like the one that has rocked it in the past two weeks.
"What happened should not have happened and we have to show that it will not happen again," he told parliament.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule