FirstRand talks for Merchant Bank Ghana fall through
ACCRA, July 12
ACCRA, July 12 (Reuters) - FirstRand's bid to acquire a stake in Merchant Bank Ghana were unsuccessful, a key shareholder of the Ghanaian bank said on Friday, setting back plans by South Africa's second-largest lender for a retail operation in oil-rich west Africa.
Last year, FirstRand said it had offered $91 million for a 75 percent stake in the medium-sized retail and commercial bank.
(Reporting by Kwasi Kpodo; Writing by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura; Editing by Jon Herskovitz)
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ