Portugal PM says ready to overcome divergences with partner
LISBON (Reuters) - Portugal's prime minister said on Friday he is ready to overcome divergences with his coalition partner and to finish a bailout program in June 2014 as planned.
Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho said his government had to ensure that it does not again create a crisis like the one that has rocked it in the past two weeks.
"What happened should not have happened and we have to show that it will not happen again," he told parliament.
(Reporting By Axel Bugge)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation