UPDATE 1-Volkswagen H1 China car sales up 18.7 pct yr-on-yr
(Adds Audi's H1 sales)
BEIJING, July 12 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG and its China joint ventures sold over 1.5 million vehicles in the greater China area in the first six months of 2013, up 18.7 percent from a year earlier, the German automaker said on Friday.
From January to June, Volkswagen's luxury brand Audi alone delivered 228,100 cars in mainland China and Hong Kong, up 17.7 percent year on year, it said in a statement.
Volkswagen makes vehicles in China in partnership with FAW Group and SAIC Motor Corp. (Reporting by Fang Yan in Beijing and Samuel Shen and Kazunori Takada in Shanghai; Editing by Anand Basu)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image