Opera singer Placido Domingo leaves hospital in Spain
MADRID (Reuters) - Opera singer Placido Domingo left a Spanish hospital on Saturday after being hospitalized earlier this week because of a blood clot in his lung, according to a posting on his official Twitter account.
Domingo tweeted "Going home" and posted a picture of himself getting into a car. The 72-year-old Spaniard posted the same message on his Facebook account.
The operatic tenor, who is general director of the Los Angeles Opera, was forced to cancel several appearances due to his illness but is expected to make a full recovery in three to four weeks, his publicist said on Tuesday.
Domingo, who was treated at a hospital in his hometown Madrid, is one of the best-known opera singers in the world and has sung 142 different roles.
(Reporting by Clare Kane; editing by Andrew Roche)
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter