Canada's Harper names Moore industry minister
OTTAWA, July 15
OTTAWA, July 15 (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper named James Moore, a rising star in the Conservative government, as industry minister, giving him responsibility to review major foreign takeovers of Canadian companies and for telecommunications.
Moore was heritage minister for almost five years.
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl