Canada's Harper names Moore industry minister
OTTAWA, July 15
OTTAWA, July 15 (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper named James Moore, a rising star in the Conservative government, as industry minister, giving him responsibility to review major foreign takeovers of Canadian companies and for telecommunications.
Moore was heritage minister for almost five years.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter