Canada's Harper names Moore industry minister
OTTAWA, July 15
OTTAWA, July 15 (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper named James Moore, a rising star in the Conservative government, as industry minister, giving him responsibility to review major foreign takeovers of Canadian companies and for telecommunications.
Moore was heritage minister for almost five years.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |