Actress Jenny McCarthy to join "The View"
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Actress and comedian Jenny McCarthy will be joining ABC's popular daytime talk show "The View" in September for the start of its 17th season, the network said on Monday.
Barbara Walters, a founder of the show, said McCarthy will be a permanent co-host just days after commentator Elizabeth Hasselbeck said she was leaving the show after 10 years.
Another co-host, comedian Joy Behar, said she will end her stint next month at the end of the current season.
"Jenny brings us intelligence as well as warmth and humor. She can be serious and outrageous," said Walters, who created the show in 1997 and has said she planned to retire next summer.
McCarty, 40, has been a guest and co-host on "The View," a top-rated daytime talk program averaging 3.3 million viewers.
(Reporting by Patricia Reaney)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video