H&M June comparable sales up 3 pct, just below consensus
STOCKHOLM, July 15
STOCKHOLM, July 15 (Reuters) - Swedish budget fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz said on Monday its sales in stores open at least a year were up 3 percent in local currencies in June, just below expectations.
That was still the strongest performance since September last year, when comparable sales were up 6 percent.
The mean June forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 4 percent rise from a year earlier.
Total sales in the month - the first month of H&M's fiscal third quarter - were up 13 percent in local currencies, one percentage point below a preliminary figure unveiled previously by the company. (Reporting by Anna Ringstrom)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image