Canada's Competition Bureau to review Loblaw's bid for Shoppers
TORONTO, July 15
TORONTO, July 15 (Reuters) - Canada's Competition Bureau said on Monday it will review Loblaw's proposed C$12.4 billion ($11.9 billion) acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart , and that it was difficult to say how long the review would take.
The watchdog's mandate allows it to block deals that would likely result in a substantial lessening of competition.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |