New York activates power reduction programs during heat wave
July 15 (Reuters) - New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) said Monday it activated its demand response programs to reduce electricity usage in the New York City area as a heat wave blankets the region.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter