Goldman Sachs profit doubles on stronger bond trading
July 16 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc's quarterly profit doubled as the bank made more money trading bonds before an interest-rate spike hit markets in June.
Goldman's net income rose to $1.86 billion, or $3.70 per share, from $927 million, or $1.78 per share, in the same quarter a year earlier.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |