Goldman Sachs profit doubles on stronger bond trading
July 16 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc's quarterly profit doubled as the bank made more money trading bonds before an interest-rate spike hit markets in June.
Goldman's net income rose to $1.86 billion, or $3.70 per share, from $927 million, or $1.78 per share, in the same quarter a year earlier.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |