RPT-US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St flat at open after eight-day run
July 16 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened flat on Tuesday as profit-taking after the S&P 500's eight-day advance and investor caution about monetary policy outweighed Goldman Sachs' doubling of its quarterly profit.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 3.61 points, or 0.02 percent, at 15,487.87. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 0.76 point, or 0.05 percent, at 1,683.26. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 2.42 points, or 0.07 percent, at 3,609.91.
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |