Mosaic fourth-quarter profit slips on weaker fertilizer prices
July 16 (Reuters) - U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co on Tuesday reported lower quarterly profit on Tuesday as phosphate and potash prices slipped.
Net earnings for the fourth quarter fell to $486 million, or $1.14 per share, from $507 million, or $1.19 per share, a year ago.
Net sales declined 4.5 percent to $2.69 billion.
Analysts, on average, expected Mosaic to earn $1.13 a share on sales of $2.685 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Genre-bending, 'unexpected' films top Sundance 2014 lineup
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'