Mosaic fourth-quarter profit slips on weaker fertilizer prices
July 16 (Reuters) - U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co on Tuesday reported lower quarterly profit on Tuesday as phosphate and potash prices slipped.
Net earnings for the fourth quarter fell to $486 million, or $1.14 per share, from $507 million, or $1.19 per share, a year ago.
Net sales declined 4.5 percent to $2.69 billion.
Analysts, on average, expected Mosaic to earn $1.13 a share on sales of $2.685 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics