POSCO says drops $5.3 bln steel mill project in India's Karnataka
SEOUL, July 16
SEOUL, July 16 (Reuters) - South Korea's POSCO said on Tuesday it has decided to pull out of a $5.3 billion steel mill project in India's Karnataka state due to delays in securing land and opposition from residents.
A source told Reuters earlier on Tuesday POSCO was considering dropping the project.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'