Obama says pleased Senate moved on stalled nominees
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama praised a compromise in the Senate on Tuesday that paved the way for votes on his nominees for vacant administration posts, and he thanked lawmakers for finding a bipartisan solution to a contentious issue.
"I'm pleased that the Senate took action today to move forward on the nominees who have waited far too long for a vote," Obama said in a brief statement.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |