BNY Mellon profit and revenue surge on one-time equity gain
BOSTON, July 17
BOSTON, July 17 (Reuters) - BNY Mellon Corp said on Wednesday second-quarter revenue and profit surged on a $184 million pre-tax gain from an equity investment.
The world's largest custody bank earned $833 million, or 71 cents a share, compared with $466 million, or 39 cents a share, in the year-ago period when it took a litigation charge.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |