BNY Mellon profit and revenue surge on one-time equity gain
BOSTON, July 17
BOSTON, July 17 (Reuters) - BNY Mellon Corp said on Wednesday second-quarter revenue and profit surged on a $184 million pre-tax gain from an equity investment.
The world's largest custody bank earned $833 million, or 71 cents a share, compared with $466 million, or 39 cents a share, in the year-ago period when it took a litigation charge.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |