3D Systems Announces Geomagic 2014
- Printable CAD, Powerful Scanning And Inspection Software
- New Simulation, Analysis And Reporting Tools for Geomagic Design
ROCK HILL, S.C., July 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that its 2014 printable CAD design, scanning and inspection software tools are now available. Packed with a broad array of enhanced and new features, Geomagic® 2014 products deliver greater productivity and use case versatility through seamless design to manufacturing integration for engineers, product designers, artists and manufacturers.
3D Systems is the only company that provides an advanced toolbox of integrated software and hardware solutions that cover every stage of the 3D scan-design-print workflow. Geomagic 2014 builds on those workflows by introducing key new Geomagic® Design™ motion simulation, clash check analysis and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) modules. Additional functionality updates for the Geomagic products include:
- Enhanced user interface (UI) functions including improved LiveInspect™ process in Geomagic Verify
- Support for more contact and non-contact scanning and measurement devices
- Greater automation of 3D scan and measurement processes through expanded Python Scripting tools
- Powerful tools to process, repair and complete 3D scan data
- Tighter integration of scan and design products
"Geomagic 2014 is here within months of bringing all of our software products together," said Calvin Hur, vice president and general manager, Geomagic Solutions. "Geomagic 2014 is packed with comprehensive updates to each of our key products underscoring 3D Systems' commitment to re-imagine the engineer's desktop. Our easy-to-use, ground-breaking design and manufacturing tools fully support our users' 3D content-to-print processes, ensuring quality, manufacturability and printability."
Geomagic Solutions' engineering software products include: Geomagic Design and Geomagic® Freeform® for CAD and modeling design; Geomagic Verify and Geomagic Control for 3D inspection; Geomagic Design X and Geomagic Design Direct for scanning and reverse engineering. Geomagic Studio®, Wrap® and Geomagic XOS also received current 2014 updates to round out the product portfolio.
Geomagic 2014 products are available for immediate download by supported customers worldwide. For details of the new features and enhancements for each Geomagic 2014 product please visit software.3dsystems.com/2014-release/.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D content-to-print solutions including 3D printers, print materials and on-demand custom parts services for professionals and consumers alike. The company also provides CAD, reverse engineering and inspection software tools and consumer 3D printers, apps and services. Its expertly integrated solutions replace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, prototype or produce real parts, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Stacey Witten Email: Stacey.Witten@3dsystems.com Media Contact: Alyssa Reichental Email: Press@3dsystems.com
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat