Nikkei edges up to 8-week closing high before Bernanke testimony
TOKYO, July 17 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up to an eight-week closing high on Wednesday as investors hesitated in taking large positions before key events, including the U.S. Federal Reserve chairman's testimony to a congressional panel later in the day. The benchmark Nikkei rose 0.1 percent to 14,615.04, the highest closing since May 22, while the broader Topix added 0.2 percent to 1,213.24.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea