Mattel 2nd-qtr profit falls as Barbie struggles
July 17(Reuters) - Mattel Inc, the world's largest toymaker, reported a 23 percent fall in quarterly profit as its iconic Barbie brand struggled to attract buyers.
The company, also home to brands such as Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price, said second-quarter net income fell to $73.3 million, or 21 cents per share, from $96.2 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 1 percent to $1.17 billion.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters