Mattel 2nd-qtr profit falls as Barbie struggles
July 17(Reuters) - Mattel Inc, the world's largest toymaker, reported a 23 percent fall in quarterly profit as its iconic Barbie brand struggled to attract buyers.
The company, also home to brands such as Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price, said second-quarter net income fell to $73.3 million, or 21 cents per share, from $96.2 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 1 percent to $1.17 billion.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama