Mattel 2nd-qtr profit falls as Barbie struggles
July 17(Reuters) - Mattel Inc, the world's largest toymaker, reported a 23 percent fall in quarterly profit as its iconic Barbie brand struggled to attract buyers.
The company, also home to brands such as Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price, said second-quarter net income fell to $73.3 million, or 21 cents per share, from $96.2 million, or 28 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 1 percent to $1.17 billion.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats