St. Jude Medical net earnings down on charges
July 17 (Reuters) - Heart device maker St. Jude Medical Inc on Wednesday posted a lower second-quarter net profit, on costs related to the early retirement of debt.
Second-quarter net earnings fell to $115 million, or 40 cents per share, from $244 million, or 78 cents per share, a year before. Net sales declined slightly to $1.40 billion from $1.41 billion a year ago, hurt by unfavorable foreign currency translations.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors