St. Jude Medical net earnings down on charges
July 17 (Reuters) - Heart device maker St. Jude Medical Inc on Wednesday posted a lower second-quarter net profit, on costs related to the early retirement of debt.
Second-quarter net earnings fell to $115 million, or 40 cents per share, from $244 million, or 78 cents per share, a year before. Net sales declined slightly to $1.40 billion from $1.41 billion a year ago, hurt by unfavorable foreign currency translations.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill