St. Jude Medical net earnings down on charges
July 17 (Reuters) - Heart device maker St. Jude Medical Inc on Wednesday posted a lower second-quarter net profit, on costs related to the early retirement of debt.
Second-quarter net earnings fell to $115 million, or 40 cents per share, from $244 million, or 78 cents per share, a year before. Net sales declined slightly to $1.40 billion from $1.41 billion a year ago, hurt by unfavorable foreign currency translations.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |