IRS investigates New York's Yankee Stadium parking garage bonds
NEW YORK, July 17
NEW YORK, July 17 (Reuters) - The U.S. Internal Revenue Service is investigating $237.6 million of tax-exempt bonds that were used by New York's Yankee Stadium to finance the building of parking garages, according to a regulatory filing on Wednesday.
The review is "to determine compliance with the Federal tax requirements," the filing said. The Civic Facility Revenue Bonds were issued by New York's Industrial Development Agency in 2007 on behalf of the Bronx Parking Development Company.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data