IRS investigates New York's Yankee Stadium parking garage bonds
NEW YORK, July 17
NEW YORK, July 17 (Reuters) - The U.S. Internal Revenue Service is investigating $237.6 million of tax-exempt bonds that were used by New York's Yankee Stadium to finance the building of parking garages, according to a regulatory filing on Wednesday.
The review is "to determine compliance with the Federal tax requirements," the filing said. The Civic Facility Revenue Bonds were issued by New York's Industrial Development Agency in 2007 on behalf of the Bronx Parking Development Company.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |