American Airlines parent AMR posts quarterly profit
July 18 (Reuters) - American Airlines parent AMR Corp , which plans to merge with US Airways Group Inc and form the world's biggest carrier later this year, reported a second-quarter profit, buoyed by cost-cutting under its Chapter 11 restructuring.
The carrier said its net profit for the quarter was $220 million, a $461 million improvement over a year earlier.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program