American Airlines parent AMR posts quarterly profit
July 18 (Reuters) - American Airlines parent AMR Corp , which plans to merge with US Airways Group Inc and form the world's biggest carrier later this year, reported a second-quarter profit, buoyed by cost-cutting under its Chapter 11 restructuring.
The carrier said its net profit for the quarter was $220 million, a $461 million improvement over a year earlier.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee