American Airlines parent AMR posts quarterly profit
July 18 (Reuters) - American Airlines parent AMR Corp , which plans to merge with US Airways Group Inc and form the world's biggest carrier later this year, reported a second-quarter profit, buoyed by cost-cutting under its Chapter 11 restructuring.
The carrier said its net profit for the quarter was $220 million, a $461 million improvement over a year earlier.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon