Apache selling U.S. Gulf holdings for $3.75 billion
NEW YORK, July 18
NEW YORK, July 18 (Reuters) - Apache Corp said on Thursday it will sell its Gulf of Mexico shelf assets for $3.75 billion to Fieldwood Energy LLC.
The deal, expected to close by Sept. 30, will let Apache focus more on its U.S. onshore assets.
Fieldwood, a unit of Riverstone Holdings, will also assume $1.5 billion in asset retirement obligations.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister