Apache selling U.S. Gulf holdings for $3.75 billion
NEW YORK, July 18
NEW YORK, July 18 (Reuters) - Apache Corp said on Thursday it will sell its Gulf of Mexico shelf assets for $3.75 billion to Fieldwood Energy LLC.
The deal, expected to close by Sept. 30, will let Apache focus more on its U.S. onshore assets.
Fieldwood, a unit of Riverstone Holdings, will also assume $1.5 billion in asset retirement obligations.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Amtrak train crashes into car in Virginia, driver hurt
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |