Germany's Schaeuble warns Greece against lobbying for debt writedown
ATHENS, July 18
ATHENS, July 18 (Reuters) - Greece must stop lobbying for a second restructuring of its debt, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble warned on Thursday, saying that was not in the country's best interests
"My advice is not to continue this discussion," Schaeuble told a Greek-German Chamber of Commerce event during a visit to Athens. "We have to stick to what we've achieved. Anything else is not in the best interest of Greece.
"Another haircut beyond the 53 percent for the private sector is not doable."
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study