Muni funds post 8th straight week of outflows -Lipper
July 18 (Reuters) - Investors pulled a net $1.56 billion from U.S. municipal bond funds in the week ended July 17, the eighth straight week of net outflows and the largest in three weeks, data from fund-tracking firm Lipper showed on Thursday.
The week's withdrawals were up 30 percent from the previous week, when $1.2 billion was redeemed. It marked the most withdrawn since the week ended June 26, when a record $4.53 billion was pulled from the sector.
Investors have pulled just over $2 billion a week from muni funds over the past four weeks on average, according to Lipper, a unit of Thomson Reuters.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data