Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
July 18 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Two of the options suggested by activist shareholder Nelson Peltz on Wednesday for PepsiCo Inc are unlikely, according to a source familiar with PepsiCo's thinking.
* U.S. private equity company J.C. Flowers is in the final stages of negotiations to buy 450 million pounds ($682.8 million) of Northern Rock loans from the British government, the Times newspaper reported on Wednesday.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |