Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
July 18 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Two of the options suggested by activist shareholder Nelson Peltz on Wednesday for PepsiCo Inc are unlikely, according to a source familiar with PepsiCo's thinking.
* U.S. private equity company J.C. Flowers is in the final stages of negotiations to buy 450 million pounds ($682.8 million) of Northern Rock loans from the British government, the Times newspaper reported on Wednesday.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |