Mexico's Cofeco says paint tie-up would create unfair market
MEXICO CITY, July 18
MEXICO CITY, July 18 (Reuters) - Mexico's Federal Competition Commission (Cofeco) said on Thursday that it had denied paint maker Sherwin Williams Co's planned purchase of local paint company Comex because of market power concerns.
The tie-up could create conditions that would make competition difficult for other players, the commission said in a brief statement.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans