Mexico's Cofeco says paint tie-up would create unfair market
MEXICO CITY, July 18
MEXICO CITY, July 18 (Reuters) - Mexico's Federal Competition Commission (Cofeco) said on Thursday that it had denied paint maker Sherwin Williams Co's planned purchase of local paint company Comex because of market power concerns.
The tie-up could create conditions that would make competition difficult for other players, the commission said in a brief statement.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad