Steelmaker Nucor's profit falls 24 pct as prices drop
July 18 (Reuters) - Steelmaker Nucor Corp reported a 24 percent fall in second-quarter profit due to a decline in selling prices.
Net profit fell to $85.1 million, or 27 cents per share, from $112.3 million, or 35 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales fell nearly 9 percent to $4.67 billion.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image