Steelmaker Nucor's profit falls 24 pct as prices drop
July 18 (Reuters) - Steelmaker Nucor Corp reported a 24 percent fall in second-quarter profit due to a decline in selling prices.
Net profit fell to $85.1 million, or 27 cents per share, from $112.3 million, or 35 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales fell nearly 9 percent to $4.67 billion.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data