Two Peltz suggestions for PepsiCo look unlikely-source
July 17 (Reuters) - Two of the options suggested by activist shareholder Nelson Peltz on Wednesday for PepsiCo Inc are unlikely, according to a source familiar with PepsiCo's thinking.
The idea of buying Mondelez International Inc is "a non-starter," said the source, who declined to be identified since talks between PepsiCo and Peltz's Trian Fund Management are private.
Regarding another of Peltz's suggestions, to spin off PepsiCo's global beverage business from the global snacks business, the source said PepsiCo had been clear that it "just isn't going to happen".
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |