India's Reliance Communications halves 3G data price
NEW DELHI, July 18
NEW DELHI, July 18 (Reuters) - Reliance Communications , India's third-biggest mobile phone carrier by customers, has cut the price of third-generation data services by half, Gurdeep Singh, head of the company's mobile business, said on Thursday.
Only about 5 percent of India's 850 million mobile users have subscribed to 3G services, which are estimated to account for 3 percent of mobile revenue of telecommunication carriers.
Uptake of the premium Internet services has been slower than expected as a majority of mobile subscribers mostly use phones to make calls and also partly due to the high pricing of such services. (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |