UnitedHealth reports higher second-quarter profit
July 18 (Reuters) - UnitedHealth Group Inc, the nation's largest health insurer, said on Thursday that second-quarter net income rose as revenue grew across its businesses that provide health insurance, manage corporate health plans and build health technology systems.
The company reported net income of $1.44 billion, or $1.40 per share, compared with $1.34 billion, or $1.27 per share, a year earlier.
UnitedHealth said it narrowed the ranged of its 2013 outlook, and now expects earnings of $5.35 to $5.50 per share.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- A game of two popes: Vatican plays down talk of World Cup rivalry
- Haskell collapses in Texas court as details of murder read