UnitedHealth reports higher second-quarter profit
July 18 (Reuters) - UnitedHealth Group Inc, the nation's largest health insurer, said on Thursday that second-quarter net income rose as revenue grew across its businesses that provide health insurance, manage corporate health plans and build health technology systems.
The company reported net income of $1.44 billion, or $1.40 per share, compared with $1.34 billion, or $1.27 per share, a year earlier.
UnitedHealth said it narrowed the ranged of its 2013 outlook, and now expects earnings of $5.35 to $5.50 per share.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |