No current plan to announce resumption of Mideast talks: U.S.
AMMAN (Reuters) - There are no plans at the moment for an announcement on resuming peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians, U.S. State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters on Thursday.
"There are currently no plans for an announcement for the resumption of negotiations," Psaki said in Amman, where U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is on his sixth visit to the region to try to revive peace talks that broke down nearly three years ago.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Liberia police fire on protesters as West Africa's Ebola toll hits 1,350
- Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country