Detroit files largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history
DETROIT, July 18
DETROIT, July 18 (Reuters) - Detroit on Thursday filed the biggest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history after Michigan Governor Rick Snyder approved a recommendation from the city's emergency manager, according to documents filed in U.S. federal court in Michigan.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |