Honeywell reports higher-than-expected profit, helped by margins
July 19 (Reuters) - Honeywell International Inc reported stronger-than-expected second-quarter earnings, helped by higher margins.
Net income attributable to the company rose to $1.02 billion, or $1.28 per share, in the quarter ended June, from $902 million, or $1.14 per share, a year earlier. Sales rose 3 percent to $9.69 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of $1.21 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Honeywell products include cockpit electronics, turbochargers and systems to manage security of large buildings.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |