Honeywell reports higher-than-expected profit, helped by margins
July 19 (Reuters) - Honeywell International Inc reported stronger-than-expected second-quarter earnings, helped by higher margins.
Net income attributable to the company rose to $1.02 billion, or $1.28 per share, in the quarter ended June, from $902 million, or $1.14 per share, a year earlier. Sales rose 3 percent to $9.69 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of $1.21 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Honeywell products include cockpit electronics, turbochargers and systems to manage security of large buildings.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections