STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Credit Suisse upgrades Continental Europe
Credit Suisse upgrades Continental Europe to 'benchmark' on the back of improved economic momentum, and cites Deutsche Post and Atos as among those firms with good domestic exposure and an improving earnings outlook.
"Critically, peripheral Europe and domestic demand proxies are improving. For the first time this year, Continental Europe is no longer bottom of our macro scorecard," it says in a note, adding there is more fiscal flexibility in the euro area and France is showing signs of reforms.
It upgrades France to 'benchmark', flagging the market's attractive valuation and improving economic data, and ranks Axa , Publicis and Lagardere as 'outperform' because of their positive earnings revisions.
Credit Suisse says it is 'overweight' on media, hotels, software, autos and airlines sectors and finds Ahold, Adidas and Nestle looking abnormally cheap versus U.S. peers.
Reuters messaging rm://email@example.com
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. National Security Council aware of reports that second American killed in Syria