US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 closes at record despite tumbling tech
NEW YORK, July 19
NEW YORK, July 19 (Reuters) - The Nasdaq composite index fell on Friday as disappointing results from Microsoft and Google dragged down the technology sector, but the S&P 500 index edged up to finish at a record high.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 4.65 points, or 0.03 percent, to 15,543.89, the S&P 500 gained 2.72 points, or 0.16 percent, to 1,692.09 and the Nasdaq composite dropped 23.66 points, or 0.66 percent, to 3,587.61.
For the week, the Dow rose 0.5 percent, the S&P added 0.7 percent and the Nasdaq fell 0.3 percent.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |