US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 closes at record despite tumbling tech
NEW YORK, July 19
NEW YORK, July 19 (Reuters) - The Nasdaq composite index fell on Friday as disappointing results from Microsoft and Google dragged down the technology sector, but the S&P 500 index edged up to finish at a record high.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 4.65 points, or 0.03 percent, to 15,543.89, the S&P 500 gained 2.72 points, or 0.16 percent, to 1,692.09 and the Nasdaq composite dropped 23.66 points, or 0.66 percent, to 3,587.61.
For the week, the Dow rose 0.5 percent, the S&P added 0.7 percent and the Nasdaq fell 0.3 percent.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |