CORRECTED-State Street second-quarter profit rises 19 percent
(Corrects year-ago profit figure and percent change)
BOSTON, July 19 (Reuters) - State Street Corp said on Friday that second-quarter profit rose 19 percent on higher investment management fees and a boost from foreign exchange trading.
The Boston-based bank earned $571 million, or $1.24 a share, compared with $480 million, or 98 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
(Reporting By Tim McLaughlin; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website
- Kurds say they have halted Islamic State advance on Syrian town