CORRECTED-State Street second-quarter profit rises 19 percent
(Corrects year-ago profit figure and percent change)
BOSTON, July 19 (Reuters) - State Street Corp said on Friday that second-quarter profit rose 19 percent on higher investment management fees and a boost from foreign exchange trading.
The Boston-based bank earned $571 million, or $1.24 a share, compared with $480 million, or 98 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
(Reporting By Tim McLaughlin; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food