FTC approves GE purchase of Avio's aviation business
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - General Electric (GE.N) won U.S. antitrust approval for its $4.3 billion bid for Italian plane components maker Avio, the Federal Trade Commission said on Friday.
General Electric won EU clearance for the transaction on Tuesday, after agreeing to protect strategic information related to the Eurofighter project.
(Reporting by Diane Bartz)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks