FTC approves GE purchase of Avio's aviation business
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - General Electric (GE.N) won U.S. antitrust approval for its $4.3 billion bid for Italian plane components maker Avio, the Federal Trade Commission said on Friday.
General Electric won EU clearance for the transaction on Tuesday, after agreeing to protect strategic information related to the Eurofighter project.
(Reporting by Diane Bartz)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |